We’ve just launched our annual drinks industry survey, charting what has changed in the world of digital in the last 12 months and what’s coming next.
If you’re a drinks industry professional or work with the industry in either a dedicated digital role or with responsibility or influence on digital, we’d love to hear from you.
It only takes 5 mins and all eligible participants will receive:
- A complimentary* copy of the Digital in Drinks 2021 Report (normally £199)
- Tickets to the Digital in Drinks 2021 online launch event in June 2021
*agencies, consultancies and technology suppliers will get 50% off.
The Digital in Drinks 2020 Report included exclusive contributions from the likes of Diageo, Pernod Ricard and AB InBev and was featured in Harpers and BeverageDaily. Our recent event looking ahead for 2021 was reported in Drinks International.
Some key findings from the 2020 Report:
- 78% said the digital maturity of their drinks business had gone up slightly or significantly in the previous 12 months as digital rose from ‘important’ to ‘acted on’ and ‘central’ to future business survival and growth.
- Covid-19 gave rise to a ‘virtual on-trade’, accelerated D2C ecommerce and a new era of in-the-home drinking. Many of the changes experienced during lockdown were expected to endure.
- Lack of a clear strategy topped the list of challenges faced with digital, above cost. The business case for digital investment was there even if exactly how to invest needed guidance.
- In the next 12 months, three areas were identified for growth – digitised on-trade, in the home premiumisation and liquid personalisation.